John chats with Big J on 101.9 May interviewSeptember 14, 2020
With winter around the corner it’s essential to take care of your windshield to keep you and your family safe and your vehicle in good shape. The colder weather can affect your windshield differently than warmer weather.
Here are some winter tips for your windshield to help you prepare for this season:
- Always keep a snow scraper and pair of gloves in your vehicle. Make sure to clean the snow off all windows and top of your vehicle to ensure the best visibility.
- Keep your windshield clean. Dirt can scratch the windshield when wipers or an ice scraper run over it, and it’s also easier to see chips with a clean windshield.
- When you park your car, leave your windshield wipers in the up and out position. Do not attempt to clear the ice and snow with your wipers because this can damage them.
- Allow your windshield to warm up gradually and leave the defrost on low for longer rather than cranking your defrost on high.
- If you have any chips in your windshield it’s best to come in and get them filled immediately. With the colder temperatures the chip can spread much quicker than in the warmer months.
There are no appointments necessary for chip repairs. Chip repairs are $49 and usually take 30 minutes or less. Stop in and see us today!
Stay safe and healthy and enjoy your holiday season!